Wednesday 26 November 2008

Perseverence in midst of Temptations

The dry period has gone, and now springs of water return to the desert land!

Hahaha... Yesterday was a fruitful day with the Lord! I ended class at 2pm, which was quite early.. and since i have nothing much to do on hand, i decided to spend my time serving God by doing survey in school. And while i was about to do it, i found out that i am alone since i ended class so early.

Wah.. Sian~ i never go do survey by myself one lor... and its kind of scary to go alone to talk to people u dunno and ask them do survey.. haha. But God provided me with courage and strength and coolness (the weather VERI hot ah!) and within half an hour there i am.. walking around SP from Main Lib to FC5 (the food there veri tempting ah.. i am fasting..) and back to main lib again.. And i found that there wasnt much people to approach... cos everyone was in groups either studying or playing games...

I retreated to Main Lib level 5... and stone there for a while thinking and at the same time enjoying air con.... Feel like going home and slp... or play game or watch tv...

And that's when God suddenly reminded me about persevering, and not letting the temptation of comforts at home... He told me to go out and try again... and in my heart there's this trust that assured me and strong enough to push me out of lib again... Trust, and be confident in the Lord your Jehovah Jireh!

And ya i was out of the lib.. the weather was still quite hot... and after a few steps away from the lib i spotted one guy sitting near the study area... and he's by himself...

i initially dont want to approach him.... he looks a bit old to me.. haha... but well... God reminded me again of why am i doing survey... and yes i do believe that every single soul is important to God! So i bucked up a bit.. and approach the guy to do survey...

he turned out to be a Year One Student! Wah! its really surprising at that time.. and i keep thanking God in my heart, for that person is responsive and open....

The Harvest is near
The farmer prepares his sickle
Workers! Get moving!
Your Master is ready to reap the earth
and new wineskins are badly in need

Will you join in the Harvest?

Praise the Lord for his mercy and grace! Amen!

No comments: